I’m Lala Jackson and I’m a communications strategist and an author. My first book – Beyond Powerful: Your Chronic Illness is Not Your Kryptonite – delves into the superpowers gained from a life with chronic illness. I am currently writing my second book, a novel.
If you’re here to read, these few personal essays I’ve selected are the core of who I am. You can also find my professional writing at Beyond Type 1.
- In which I shrink myself | October 17, 2016
- Fathers be good to your daughters | October 24, 2016
- 13 months without health insurance: a pre-existing condition nightmare | January 13, 2017
- On heartbreak | February 11, 2017
- What it’s like to watch people die from your disease | February 25, 2017
- We create these broken families | May 8, 2017
- My justice is more important than yours | May 10, 2017
- I watched the bullshit documentary What The Health so you don’t have to | July 16, 2017
- Doctors: How do you best help your patients? Try asking questions | September 20, 2018