Looking like it’s time to do a new hello, nice to meet you!
I’m Lala 👋🏼 I’ve lived in Brooklyn for a little over two years but I grew up bouncing between Hawaii and Seattle, went to college in Miami, and did my baby adulthood in Atlanta.
Having type 1 diabetes since I was 10 and a whole host of other autoimmune issues since my mid-20s has taught me courage, to be incredibly in tune with my body and its needs, and sent me toward a lot of really fascinating research on neuroscience as a way to understand our thought patterns, nutrition for immune health, ACTUAL self care (not just Instagram’s version of a bath and a face mask), and other awesome things to help us be well.
I pay that forward with my book Beyond Powerful, all about the superpowers we gain from a life with chronic illness, as a one-on-one personal chronic health coach for people who need a bit of extra help navigating a rough time with their health or want to reach a next level of sustainable wellness (LalaJackson.com/Coaching) and by working at @jdrfhq
Continue reading “Just saying hi”
If you somehow missed it, on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 my first book Beyond Powerful: Your Chronic Illness is Not Your Kryptonite, will be available in print in all major bookstores in the US, Canada, Australia, and the UK. I’m still not used to writing that sentence.
As part of the launch, I am recruiting YOU (if you want to be recruited, that is) to join my launch team by sharing your superpower with the world.
What you get:
- a snazzy social media image
- bragging rights that you were on a book launch team because how cool #streetcred
- super simple instructions from me on what to share and how to share it to help on launch day. I’m going to send you your picture, write you a post (which you’re free to edit) and tell you when and where to post it. You can effectively turn your brain off, I got you.
What’s really amazing to me about the images that have already been created for those who have jumped in to the launch team is the proof that we are all so damn powerful. Look at what we each carry. Look at how we each crush it. It’s truly amazing.
It reminds me that we’re all dealing with something. That we’re all so strong. And that not one of us is alone in this.
If YOU would like to be on the launch team for Beyond Powerful, here’s what to do:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- send a photo of your gorgeous self (pictures with “white space”, i.e. pictures where your face doesn’t take up the whole frame, are best)
- include your first name, what you live with (can be anything from a chronic illness to stress to whatever it is you carry), and your superpower. I promise you have one. ❤
I’ll be sending you instructions on when and where to post, but your image will also be included on BeyondPowerfulBook.com and possibly on one of my social media channels. I appreciate you!
I’ve spent the last three days at my publisher’s home, nicknamed The Author Castle, outside of Washington, D.C. On Thursday, my book launched. Within the first 24 hours, my book ended up in the top 1,000 in the Amazon Kindle store and hit #1 in pain management in the US (#2 in Australia in the same category), #1 in disorders and diseases in Japan, #1 in chronic pain in Canada, and #1 in pain therapy in Germany. It also seems to be holding pretty strong in the high ranks for Social Sciences in both Japan and the UK. So yes, I am officially an International Best Selling Author. Continue reading “Published author, day 3”
And just in case you need some background on this spoonie thing, here you go!