June 2013 – Present
Wellness Communications Specialist
HD Supply, with more than 15,000 employees across the US and Canada, aims to be the Healthiest Company on the Planet and supports its employees with comprehensive benefits, wellness programs, and health campaigns. Our three primary goals are having each associate be Tobacco Free, reach and maintain a Healthy BMI, and receive their Annual Physical. As the Wellness Communications Specialist, I am charged with planning and executing effective wellness campaigns to influence healthy lifestyle changes.
- Manage and write the HD Supply Wellness Blog – increased readership by 262% in 3 months
- Research and write monthly Wellness materials on specific topics such as Diabetes Awareness, Mental Health, Preventive Care, etc. – materials distributed to more than 600 branches across North America
- Created and write quarterly Wellness Newsletter – sent to homes to reach associate population without regular access to online media such as blogs, emails, etc.
- Currently planning 2014 Wellness and Benefits calendar, integrating communications for more than 10 HD Supply wellness and benefits vendors in a cohesive manner to best communicate resources to associates
- Helped construct and communicate Healthiest Company Challenge – a 4-month challenge inviting associates to check in on each of our Healthiest Company goals to win prizes and business unit accolades, thereby giving HD Supply health improvement data on our associate population
- Created and wrote Wellness Resource Guide – distributed to more than 700 managers across North America
- Wrote and trafficked all 2014 Benefits Information presentations and TruScribe video vignettes, illustrating differences in new high-deductible health plan for associates
Ingenious Med, Inc.
May 2012 – May 2013
Marketing Communications Specialist
Ingenious Med is a leading mobile and web healthcare IT company that works to improve patient care, help health care professionals ensure they are in compliance, and increase revenue (did you know that we think surgeons make 600% more than they actually do?). They were added to the Inc. 5,000 list of fastest growing companies in 2012, are one of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Health Companies, and were honored as a Top 10 job creator in Georgia in the inaugural Inc. Hire Power awards. My primary role was optimizing content for branding and messaging.
- Coordinated, ran and attended trade shows (average of 4 large industry shows & 12 regional shows per year), including booth design, promotions, advertising, events (such as the Society of Hospital Medicine 5k Fun Run), with budgets ranging from $3,000 – $60,000
- Increased content production to position Ingenious Med as a Thought Leader within the healthcare IT field
– Developed industry blog – included ghostwriting content for Executive team on healthcare technology, industry issues, etc.
– Worked with 15-member sales team to create effective online campaigns for new product functionality and company awareness
– Worked with writers to create industry white papers on topics such as Time of Care and leading the ICD-10 transition
- Increased quality leads for regional sales teams
– Increased web demo leads via SEO improvement, content production, etc.
– Coordinated drip marketing campaigns via Pardot
– Vetted, hired and liaised with PR company Fletcher PR to increase media placements
- Clarified company-wide branding by creating corporate identity guidelines, redesigning and re-writing all marketing and trade show materials, and overseeing updates on training and implementations materials
- Planned and responsibly managed $300,000 yearly marketing, public relations and trade show budget
- HIPAA Compliance Certified
German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern US, Inc.
November 2009 – May 2012
Manager, Communications (April 2011 – May 2012)
Communications Coordinator (July 2010 – April 2011)
Marketing Associate (November 2009 – June 1010)
I was hired at the chamber as the first full-time communications employee. I worked diligently to promote the Chamber within the U.S., as German companies have a tendency to lean more on their history speaking for itself rather than communications strategies.
- With the utmost attention to detail, supported planning, design, invitations, and all logistics for events such as
– Annual 500 person black-tie gala, with attendees from German and US government, and Executives from top German companies such as Mercedes-Benz and BLG Logistics, with a $160,000 budget
– Annual German Bierfest, with 3,000 attendees in downtown Atlanta, including all permitting and attendee clearance
– Average of 20 events per year such as business seminars, cocktail receptions, etc.
- Created and maintained the organization’s communications strategy, corporate identity, advertising and sustainability policies
- Planned and managed all communications content, such as the organization’s Annual Report, as well as consistent bi-weekly e-newsletters, event e-mailings, and monthly membership e-newsletters, etc. using Constant Contact (240 mailings in 2011 calendar year)
- Wrote for company blog (increased readership by 147% over two years) and bi-monthly German American Trade Magazine
- Speech Writer for the President & CEO; also ghost-wrote speeches, letters, e-mails, announcements, etc. on behalf of all Executive team members
- Worked closely with Board of Directors, which included Executives from companies such as the AGCO Corporation, BMW, East West Bank, MAGE Solar, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Volkswagen, etc.
- Managed all online presence including the GACC South website (increased views by 65% over one year, featured website of 120 international German chamber offices in April 2012), national organization presence on LinkedIn (increased membership and engagement by more than 270% over two years) and regional Twitter (@GACCSouth and @GermanBierfest) and Facebook (German Bierfest)
- Hired and oversaw work of communications interns (four over two years)
In addition, I’ve held summer internships at Step Up Savannah, Inc and McKinney-Silver Advertising, and kept myself going financially throughout college by working for the University of Miami Residence Halls Office. And just like most everyone else, I’ve done the obligatory waitress and bar-tending jobs.