I’m Lala Jackson, and I’m a chronic health coach, author, and speaker. My first book – the internationally best-selling Beyond Powerful: Your Chronic Illness is Not Your Kryptonite – delves into the superpowers gained from a life with chronic illness. I am also a contributing writer over on The Mighty and Thought Catalog, and I’ve been featured on I Told You I Was Sick, KNQR and Lyfebulb.
If you have any questions or would like to book me as a speaker, interview me, feature me on your platform, or request a written guest piece or review, email email@example.com.
Click here for more information on chronic health coaching.
If you’re here to read, here’s a selection of things I’ve written about chronic health, wellness, nutrition, and the like.
- What you focus on grows (aka, maybe your perspective sucks). | July 26, 2018
- Exercising isn’t my weight loss key | May 8, 2018
- How what you eat affects your emotions | May 2, 2018
- Diabetes + the inevitable eating disorder | April 30, 2018
- It’s not about cutting out bad food | April 26, 2018
- I wrecked my gut health in my 20s | April 24, 2018
- The case for weighing yourself every day | April 18, 2018
- The worst nutrition advice I’ve ever heard? | April 16, 2018
- Crave junk food every night? | April 12, 2018
- Yaz birth control made me suicidal | February 13, 2018
- I watched the bullshit documentary What The Health so you don’t have to | July 16, 2017
- What my fibromyalgia feels like | June 28, 2017
- I am never naked| June 5, 2017
- That tricky little bastard, serotonin. | April 21, 2017
- I’ve been depressed since I was 12 | March 8, 2017
- 13 months without health insurance: a pre-existing condition nightmare | January 13, 2017
- Does my disease make me a burden? | January 9, 2017
- I hide my sickness from myself | October 8, 2016